Terms and Conditions
The ReUse Centre (TRC) Delivery, Returns and Refund Policy
- Any damage or fault found on items purchased from The ReUse Centre must be reported to us as soon as reasonably possible. A cash refund will only be given if the goods are found to be faulty or damaged after the sale.
- Second Hand Goods Only:
If the customer changes their mind on receipt of the goods, the goods will be returned to TRC and a credit voucher issued less £15 handling charge. If the goods have not left TRC, then a credit voucher will be issued less a £10 administration charge.
The responsibility is with the purchaser to ensure that the goods purchased will fit into their property. In the event of goods not being able to be delivered into the property because they will not fit, they will be returned to TRC and a credit voucher issued less £15 handling charges. If requested and signed for, we will leave goods outside the property and then the goods become the responsibility of the purchaser.
- If we are unable to deliver the items, due to the customer being not available when we arrive, then the goods will be returned to TRC and held in our warehouse for a period of one week. We will phone to advise the customer that if the customer does not organise a redelivery within this timescale, then the goods will be put out for sale. The customer will be entitled to a cash refund, less a £20 administration and storage charge. If a redelivery is arranged, there is a £10 redelivery charge. If a redelivery is arranged and once again the customer is not available, then the goods will be returned to TRC and put on sale. The customer will be entitled to a cash refund less a £30 administration and storage fee. We will only redeliver to a property once.
- Our drivers are only obliged to deliver your purchase to your home; it is at their own discretion as to whether they take the item into the room it is required. The team will not move heavy or large items upstairs. TRC is unable to deliver or take items up external metal fire stairs or spiral stair cases.
- The delivery team at TRC comply with Health and Safety regulations and there may be times when delivery cannot be made due to safety reasons. You will be informed at the point of delivery if your premises or site cause a risk. A redelivery fee of £10 will be charged for the redelivery.
- We request that all customers check the measurements of the item that you are purchasing to ensure that it will both fit into the place where it is required, and also fit through hallways, doors, and upstairs.
These are in addition to your statutory rights.
- All electrical goods are guaranteed for the period stated on the appliances and the receipts, as long as they have been installed correctly, used in accordance with supplied instructions and have not suffered accidental damage. If a customer chooses to transport the goods themselves, they risk negating the guarantee; any damage which occurs in transit will not be covered by the guarantee.
- If an electrical item is faulty within the guarantee period, we will endeavour to repair the fault in situ. If this is not possible, it will be returned to our workshop for repair. If the item is deemed to be not repairable, then a replacement item of a similar standard will be provided. The guarantee on the replacement will run from the time the original machine was purchased. Any refunds will be at the discretion of The ReUse Centre.
- If we are called out within the guarantee period, and there is no fault on the appliance, we reserve the right to make a service charge of £30 per hour. These charges will be rounded up to the nearest hour and will be a minimum of one hour.
Corporate information / the small print
The ReUse Centre Limited is a company registered in England (company number 6312386) and a registered Charity (registration number 1129434).
The ReUse Centre Limited is both a Social Enterprise and a Social Firm.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all relevant legislation.
Legal info and disclaimers
Terms and conditions for the use of this website
The continued usage of this website consititutes agreement to our terms and conditions.
In general use of this site, The ReUse Centre does not store or capture data about you, other than to log your IP address and session details, like the number of pages you view and the type of browser you use.
Your IP address and session details are automatically recognised by the Web server and we use the information only for system administration and to help us evaluate use of the network so that we can continue to develop and improve our online services.
Where any personal data, like your name, email address and phone number are needed, any information given will be treated with the strictest confidence and will not be passed onto any third parties. Any information collected may be used to help improve the service that we offer customers.
Care has been taken in the compilation of this website. The statements contained on this site are believed to be correct.
However, The ReUse Centre shall not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising from inaccuracies.
Also, we can not control the content or take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers/organisations that can be accessed through our site. If you are aware that any of the information here contains mistakes or needs updating, please tell us via our 'contact us' page.